Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Dr Amy Wilson receives Ovarian Cancer Early Career Research Travel Award





Congratulations to Dr Amy Wilson on receiving the Ivanhoe Girls Grammar School Travel Award, which will allow her to attend the The Epithelio-Mesenchymal Transition International Association (TEMTIA) conference in Japan in November. Dr Wilson will use the opportunity to present her work and meet with pioneers in the field.

Four students and two teachers from Ivanhoe Grammar presented Dr Wilson with the award at Hudson Institute on Tuesday, 15 October. The award, titled the '2019 Ovarian Cancer Early Career Research Travel Award' was an initiative wholly devised and organised by the Ivanhoe Grammar students. 

The young women raised the funds by running a raffle, collated the raffle prizes, and were involved in the grants selection process.

Dr Wilson said, "It's amazing what young women can achieve when they're given the opportunity. I am incredibly proud of the students from Ivanhoe Grammar for running this award and I feel privileged that they selected me. 

"It's inspirational seeing such passion for STEM and I have no doubt these young women will do big things in the future," she said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment