Monday, February 25, 2019

Hudson People | Rama Ravinthiran


POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
PhD student in Professor Mark Hedger’s research group, Endocrinology and Immunophysiology, Centre for Reproductive Health.

I WAS BORN IN Malaysia, but lived in Singapore and Melbourne for majority of my life.

BEFORE HUDSON INSTITUTE I WAS DOING my Master’s in Embryology at Monash University.

THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS being surrounded by passionate, talented researchers and creating opportunities to meet such people at various HISS events.

I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I was intrigued by reproductive sciences, in particular male infertility. I wanted to know more about it and naturally found myself here.

IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE a media content creator or a human rights lawyer.

MY FIRST JOB WAS creating confident well accessorised customers at Lovisa.

MY FAVOURITE BOOK is Timekeeper by Mitch Albom.

I AM WORKING ON elucidating the role that the immune cell population and activins play within the epididymis during episodes of autoimmunity and bacterial epididymitis. As this will help us develop a better understanding of inflammatory diseases that impact on male reproductive health.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR has been my bharatanatyam performance at the 6th century BC Madurai Meenakshi temple in India, during the 2018 music and dance season.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD to going to Justus Liebig University Giessen, Germany as part of the International Research Training Program.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD ... Singapore, it is a wonderful metropolis with endless adventure and FOOD.

OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY dancing and any sort of creative project (sewing, vlogging, henna art).

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT is at my grandma’s house in Singapore.

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED 'Just do it.'

No comments:

Post a Comment