The Communications team has grown to support the roll out of stakeholder communications for National Centre for Inflammation Research. Below is a handy who's who reference.
Our delivery is split between major projects and day-to-day 'business-as-usual' internal and external communications across multiple channels.
PROJECTS | PUBLICATIONS - 2020 Annual Report, NCIR Prospectus, Hudson News and appeal (printed and digital), WEBSITE - technical audit, themes and diseases update, news category search, supporter sign up, event automation to eNews, support us / fundraising OTHER - NCIR capital fundraising stakeholder communications, grant videos, Institute signage update.
BUSINESS AS USUAL | eNews, Institute inboxes, Graphic services - Centres, profiles and general website updates, photography, photographer library, posters, monitors, signage, printing. Content - science and general, media, social media.
____________________________________
COMMUNICATIONS TEAM MANAGER
ANN PUKALLUS | Marketing and Communications Manager
t: 8572 2699 | m: 0457 552 530
e: ann.pukallus@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Monday-Friday | 9am-5pm
Contact me for: Website projects, planning, analytics, reporting, policy and procedure, troubleshooting. Click here to see our 'plan-on-page' objectives.Experience: Journalism, strategy, planning and end-to-end delivery, corporate comms, campaigns and digital comms.
Qualifications: Post-grad Diploma in Business (Marketing), Certificate in Journalism, BA Arts - English and History.
Awards: Australian Museum Eureka Prizes, Sustainability education;
Comms passion: This year - bringing the right audience to support the Institute and research(ers) with fundraising, grants and commercial.
Fun fact: I have a Cert IV in floristry.
CONTENT
t: 0417 765 311
e: michelle.henderson@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday | 8am-4pm
JULIETTE ELFICK | Senior Media and Communications Advisor
t: 03 8572 2511
e: juliette.elfick@hudson.org.au
Hi! I've joined the Comms team on a contract to support NCIR communications and general writing. I've previously worked in media and communications at MCRI and The Lowitja Institute, and with the United Nations in Vietnam.
Qualifications: Masters of Publishing and Communications, The University of Melbourne, Postgraduate Diploma in Editing and Communications, The University of Melbourne, Bachelor of Arts (Journalism and French), The University of Queensland
Comms passion: I'm a keen supporter and advocate of diversity and equality in all its form, with a particular focus on Indigenous Australians/Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Fun fact: In 2018 I published a travel guidebook, Hanoi Pocket Precincts, for Hardie Grant and in 2016 I completed a master's thesis on how Australian political journalists use Twitter.
Contact me for: Anything to do with our Social Media! I'm also a data nerd and love to chat analytics, SEO and optimisation whenever there is a chance.
Experience: I've spent the last 7 or so years working in Digital Marketing at some of the largest advertising agencies in the country and also at smaller, more boutique agencies, meaning I've had the fortune of working with a range of really brilliant and creative people when it comes to communications and social media. I've worked across a variety of digital projects, from content-heavy social media pieces to tech-heavy augmented reality apps and website builds. I've also spent some time as the Marketing Manager for a not-for-profit children's theatre company which was a whole other world but gave me some fantastic experience with the NFP sector.
Comms passion: I get really excited about data driven content. I love the idea that with the power of data you can provide someone the exact information they need at the exact right time. I think in a medical research setting where people are looking for support and information, that is so important.
Fun fact: My first ever job was working at a bird rescue sanctuary and I am that person that is always bringing home injured animals wrapped up in my jumper or stray dogs that I find lost on the side of the road - it's like they find me somehow!
GRAPHIC SERVICES
t: 03 8572 2702
e: graphics@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Alternative weeks Monday-Thursday, Monday-Friday | 9.30am-5.30pm
Contact me for: Institute Graphic Services. Not only do most of you know me for the graphic services job desk, photography and poster/signage printing services, I also help with the production on the Institute's Annual Report, winter and summer external newsletters. I'm currently working on website design, building website pages and image optimisation for SEO. Implementing Institute brand across the Institute's intranet and collateral. I construct the fortnightly eNews, as well as annual external appeals. I also help committees with planning events, and other general administrative duties/expenses/analytics for our team.
Experience: I have more than 30 years' experience in the administration/secretarial/personal assistant sector and 4 years' experience in communications. Key skills are in creative systems, project management, web, production and print, event management and photography.
Comms passion: As I'm growing older and wiser (not too old!!) I'd have to say that my Comms passion is importantly about working together as a team. Making the pieces of the puzzle connect and fit nice and snug! I'm keen on creating, improving and assisting with making the Institute stand out amongst the rest.
Fun fact: Would you laugh if I told you that as a kid growing up in the 70's, I never liked swimming in the deep end of our family swimming pool after seeing the movie Jaws! It's true! 🏊🦈. Scary movies are definitely not my thing! Prior to joining the Institute I've worked in a number of different business sectors - Public Service Board processing arbitration reports during the 80's 'National Nurses' Wage Case', worked for Media Decisions preparing media schedules, Hudson Conway prior to the Crown Casino build, Logica - an IT company relocating USA and UK expats to Australia back in the 90's, and property developers GLG Developments to name a few. I have two very tall son's that I literally look up at to discipline (yes, they still listen!), and love to spend quality time with them and good friends. During my free time walking my dog Hanna and go to gym. From time-to-time, I also help out behind the bar at a couple of venues - Sandy by the Bay and Sandown Greyhounds.
JENNIFER DONNELLY | Assistant Communications Officer
t: 03 8572 2697
e: graphics@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Monday, Wednesday, Thursday | 9.45am-4.15pm
Contact me for: Institute Graphic Services. I started in the communications team just before lock-down last year and I can’t wait to finally meet everyone at the Institute face to face! I support the communications team in admin and graphics projects in areas such as print collateral (brochure and banner) design, photo touch ups, in house graphics design and creation, website design and updates and brand guidelines keeper.
Experience: Double degree; Bachelor of Business Management and Marketing at Monash Uni and 14 years work experience in marketing and graphics for both B2B and B2C companies; implementing various marketing / communications campaigns and projects, branding and designing and creating print and digital collateral.
Comms passion: I love problem solving by applying both my creative and analytical skills. I enjoy being able to see people (both internal and external) engage with the collateral and messages we create in order to build the Institute's profile. I really love working for something that is truly meaningful, important and life-changing and that is Hudson Institute.
Fun fact: Much to the amusement of my colleagues, during lockdown it became apparent that my 14yo rescue dog Cookie was a serial zoom pooper 🐕 He was getting on in years, so we gave him grace. He passed away at the end of last year, and we realised we are clearly a dog family, so not long after, we adopted Alfie who keeps me fit with daily runs (trying to keep up with a Mastiff x Wolfhound x Greyhound) and is a fantastic dog companion for my 4yo son. We attempt sustainability at home with chickens 🐔, veggie patch, olives, grape arbor and my son loves to help, but eats half the parsley - so he now has his own designated pot! I love a DIY house project and designed and built our deck, fence, bathroom and tree house at home, along the way learning what (and also importantly what not) to do. Also can't wait to go camping and hiking again!
I'm working on: The user experience for the new theme and disease section of the website. My role aims to make sure the website is approachable and easier to use for users. The ease of access is extremely important as there is a lot of information users need to find without challenge.
Experience: Is in user experience design specifically. I also focus on user interface design, graphic design, web design and even some web and app based coding. I used to work at a non for profit that helped small businesses through mentoring. My experience there was website design with a lot of my meetings with the clients including explanations on why I designed things on the website with the user in mind.
Qualifications: I studied Digital Media at RMIT and chose the specification of interaction design which led to my love of user experience design. I graduated in 2019 and have been volunteering ever since.
Fun fact: I was born in Paris and moved to Melbourne in 2004. I have been speaking french since and have loosely been learning Japanese and Italian.






No comments:
Post a Comment