Thursday, June 11, 2020

Hudson People | H@H with Zhenhua Ming

What is your Position, Group and Centre @ Hudson?
PhD student, Sex Development research group, CEM

What is your work from home routine?
I sometimes do morning yoga to wake up my full body, or just get up. My parents or I make simple breakfast. Then I begin my work with a cup of pour-over coffee which I just learned three months ago. I came back to China in January to celebrate the Spring Festival and I have been at home for more than five months. So, what I have been working on is to write up a paper and a review. I sometimes take a walk with my families after dinner or enjoy TV shows at home if it is rainy.

Are you using or can you recommend any social media platforms/virtual groups to connect to while working/studying from home?
To connect with my friends, I use WeChat, a social media app widely used in China. I use Zoom and emails to communicate with my supervisor and colleagues.

Who are your new 'collaborators' at home (two or four legged!)? Any amusing anecdotes from their antics?
My younger sisters and younger brother. They all study online courses at home because schools and universities are still not open. It’s really interesting to study with them and teach them sometimes. Their courses remind me of my high school times.

Have you started any hobbies, or could you recommend a Netflix series/movie or great book?
I learned cooking some new dishes and making pour-over coffee. Another great thing is that I’ve got my driver license. I would recommend an animation - Avatar: The Last Airbender. I just started watching recently and I think this is my favourite animation so far.

What are you looking forward to, post Hudson@Home? 
I miss my lab so much. I hope to resume my research as soon as possible.

What is your favourite funny/inspirational quote or meme in recent weeks that made you smile that you think others might enjoy?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Laozi, Dao De Jing.

No comments:

Post a Comment