PhD Student, Germ Cell Development and Epigenetics Research Group, CRH
This seems to be evolving! During the full WFH period I would wake up and play a bit of Animal Crossing while enjoying a cup of tea with my dogs. Then I would get into the study and get to work while listening to 'library sounds' to help me concentrate. To wind up at the end of the day I would pop on a good playlist (On heavy rotation: "Italian cooking music" or "Pop Hits of 1964" - highly recommend) and cook dinner with a glass of wine.
Are you using or can you recommend any social media platforms/virtual groups to connect to while working/studying from home?
The Kindness Pandemic group on Facebook. Yoga with Adrienne on Youtube also has great videos - her 10-minute 'Focus Yoga' really got me through writing up for my Mid-Candidature while working at home.
Who are your new 'collaborators' at home (two or four legged!)? Any amusing anecdotes from their antics?
I have two fluffy collaborators - Maggie and Mellie. Not so many funny stories - they mostly spend their time snuggled up or following me around the kitchen hoping I drop something.
Two new hobbies! Crochet and playing the game animal crossing. I've also been cooking a lot and purchased a few more indoor plants! Netflix recommendations: Becoming, Atypical, One day at a time and Hannah Gadsby: Douglas.
Audiobook recommendation: Kitty Flanagan - 488 Rules for life, the thankless art of being correct.
What are you looking forward to, post Hudson@Home?
Audiobook recommendation: Kitty Flanagan - 488 Rules for life, the thankless art of being correct.
What are you looking forward to, post Hudson@Home?
I miss going for lunch with my Lab and catching up with other students and colleagues that you 'bump into' around Hudson Institute. As HISS President, I look forward to getting to hold in-person student events. We have held virtual events including our HISS Happy Hour on Zoom, and the upcoming Three Day 3MT which will take place next week June 10th-12th! Later in the year we will hopefully be able to hold our Dumpling night and maybe if we're lucky an end of year student party.
What is your favourite funny/inspirational quote or meme in recent weeks that made you smile that you think others might enjoy?
Attached funny meme: Prof Peter Doherty using Twitter instead of Google - it was something light that lifted my mood that day and made me laugh.

No comments:
Post a Comment