POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Media and Communications Advisor, Scientific Support Group
I WAS BORN IN Glasgow, Scotland.
BEFORE HUDSON INSTITUTE I WAS DOING marketing at a DNA testing company. Before that I spent fifteen years researching, producing, directing and writing television documentaries in Melbourne and at the BBC in London.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS being part of an organisation that genuinely has strong values at its heart.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I want to use my communication superpowers for good.
IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE a masters of ceremony at weddings. I’ve always loved the cheesiness of weddings and hearing the stories of how couples met.
MY FIRST JOB WAS working on a Scottish children’s breakfast television show. I had to get up in the middle of the night but I was finished by 2pm.
MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS… I don’t have a favourite, but I loved ‘Tully’ and ‘Juno’ – both quirky female stories written by Diablo Cody. Lately my guilty pleasure is watching ‘Younger’. It’s ridiculous but hugely entertaining and now my husband is sucked in too! I also loved ‘The Bold Type’ for its feel good girl power vibe. ‘Big in France’ was another recent favourite.
I AM WORKING ON spreading the word about the amazing discoveries at Hudson Institute to new audiences through social media.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR was getting up on stage at a storytelling event in Brunswick called the Moth. It was terrifying and exhilarating at the same time.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD to having a lie in, possibly in October when my husband and I have a night away from our two daughters.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD is my parents’ home in Comrie, a small Scottish village – it’s a little slice of heaven. Sadly it’s a bit far away.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY spending time with my husband and two girls who are 6 and 4, helping out at their school, painting and getting out to cultural activities when I can.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT is pretty much any place where I’m not doing the cooking or the cleaning up!
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED – You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, well, you might find, you get what you need – The Rolling Stones.
No comments:
Post a Comment