
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE: Research group head, Amnion Cell Biology Lab, The Ritchie Centre; Scientific Director, Cell Therapies and Regenerative Medicine Platform, MHTP
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS I get to do what I love with people I truly enjoy spending time with. And, you know what they say – if you do what you love, you never have to work a day in your life.
I CHOOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I have always been the curious sort. I’m always asking why and how come, and I guess I’m pretty lucky that this career path is very tolerant of people with my sort of personality.
WHAT ARE YOUR REASONS FOR TAKING PART IN RUN MELBOURNE? I blame Dr Gina Kusuma. She’s always roping me into these sorts of events, and I seem to have difficulty saying no.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO YOU TO BE PART OF RUN MELBOURNE HUDSON TEAM? Team spirit? To be honest, I’d be happier cheering on the sidelines - cardio is not my thing – but if I’ve got to run, I might as well run with my work family.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO RUN IN THE WORLD IS … not all!
RUN MELBOURNE ACTIVITY ... 5km
WHAT LEVEL OF RUNNER DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF? Beginner. Wait … is there a sub-beginner category? Coach potato – that’s the level of runner I am.
IN THE LEAD UP TO RACE DAY I WILL … try not to panic!
ON RACE DAY, I WILL LOOK SMASHING IN ... the Hudson Institute singlet!
MY FOOD / HEALTH TIPS? “Eat food. Not too much. And mostly plants.” - Michael Pollan
THE BEST FITNESS ADVICE I’VE RECEIVED … Don’t obsess over it. Listen to your body.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RACE SUPERSTITIONS OR RITUALS? Don’t drink or eat an hour before running otherwise … stitches!
ON RACE DAY I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO … crossing the finishing line!
ON RACE DAY, I WILL BE HAPPY IF ... I manage to complete the event without stopping for a break.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RUN MELBOURNE TIPS FOR OTHERS? Don’t follow me. I have no idea where I’m going!
WHAT IS YOUR RACE GOAL? Finishing it while still smiling.
No comments:
Post a Comment