
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE - Research Assistant / Functional Genomics / CCR
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS having the chance to be involved in exciting discoveries and work with a dedicated team of people who are passionate about science. Being in research keeps me inquisitive and view things from different perspectives.
I CHOOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE my involvement in cancer research will contribute to a better understanding and improved treatments for cancer.
WHAT ARE YOUR REASONS FOR TAKING PART IN RUN MELBOURNE? Participating in fun run events help to motivate myself to get back into exercise. Running not only helps to clear my mind, it keeps me to stay focus and disciplined.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO YOU TO BE PART OF RUN MELBOURNE HUDSON TEAM? Being part of the Hudson Institute team brings attention to the research work carried out at the Institute, it may help us boost our profile for more networking opportunities. Run! CCR!
RUN MELBOURNE ACTIVITY ... 5km!
WHAT LEVEL OF RUNNER DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF? Intermediate.
IN THE LEAD UP TO RACE DAY I WILL make sure I eat well and am well rested.
ON RACE DAY, I WILL LOOK SMASHING IN …. Pink and purple, Hudson Institute colours!
MY FOOD / HEALTH TIPS? No chilli before a run, get 7-8hrs of sleep and have a set exercise routine.
THE BEST FITNESS ADVICE I’VE RECEIVED - The best fitness advice I had been given, is to pace myself, never over strain, and get any injuries attended to immediately to prevent injuries from worsening.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RACE SUPERSITIONS OR RITUALS? Nope.
ON RACE DAY I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO having a great time with my team mates!
ON RACE DAY, I WILL BE HAPPY IF I can complete my run.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RUN MELBOURNE TIPS FOR OTHERS? Stay hydrated!
WHAT IS YOUR RACE GOAL? To complete the race in under 40 mins.
ARE YOU FUNDRAISING, IF SO, WHY SHOULD PEOPLE SPONSOR YOU? Because I am fundraising for a better research into cancer treatments.
No comments:
Post a Comment