POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE Research Group Head, Cell Death and Inflammatory Signalling Laboratory, CiiiD.
I WAS BORN IN Melbourne.
BEFORE HUDSON INSTITUTE I WAS DOING research as a postdoctoral scientist at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS figuring out the 'nitty gritty' of cell death signalling pathways.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I wanted to understand the complex mechanisms that drive autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. Basically, I like solving puzzles!!
IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE running a cafĂ© or restaurant.
MY FIRST JOB WAS selling tickets to theatre and musical productions at the Marriner theatres.
MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS 'The Breakfast Club'.
I AM WORKING ON how cell death contributes to infectious and inflammatory diseases.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR was starting my group at the Hudson Institute!
I AM LOOKING FORWARD catching up with family and friends over the Christmas break.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD the Greek Islands!!
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT is Supernormal in the city or Laksa King in Flemington for a cheap night out.
WHAT’S ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO EMERGING RESEARCHERS? Seek out mentors as early as possible and don’t be frightened to ask for advice. You never know where the next career opportunity will come from.
No comments:
Post a Comment