Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Hudson People | Aida Azlan


POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE Honours Student, Endometrial Remodelling Group, Centre of Reproductive Health.

I WAS BORN IN Singapore, but have lived in Christchurch, New Zealand for majority of my life before moving to Melbourne.

BEFORE HUDSON INSTITUTE I WAS DOING my undergrad in Science at Monash University, majoring in developmental biology and physiology.

THE BEST PART OF RESEARCHING here is that you’re always learning, particularly in a supportive and encouraging community.

I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I want an insight into what a PhD might entail and possibly a career in research - specifically, women’s reproductive health.

IF I WASN'T UNDERTAKING AN HONOURS YEAR I WOULD BE travelling around Southeast Asia, or South America to take a break from my studies.

MY FAVOURITE MOVIE IS 'The Jungle Book'.

I AM CURRENTLY WORKING ON investigating the inflammasome (inflammatory complex) to see if it’s involved in regulating menstruation, within the human endometrium.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR was graduating from my undergrad.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD to my summer break and seeing my family.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD has yet to be discovered!

OUTSIDE OF LAB I ENJOY playing futsal, being in the outdoors, swimming, reading and going to gigs.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT is Nandos ... yum!

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED is “we all know what we need to do, it’s just a matter of doing it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment