POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE Research Assistant of Sam Forster’s group; Microbiota and Systems Biology, CiiiD
I WAS BORN IN Carlton, Melbourne
BEFORE HUDSON INSTITUTE I WAS working as a Research Assistant at Monash University, School of Biological Sciences, investigating species adaptation to climate change models.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS the people. Everyone is very friendly.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I really enjoy research, I love having the opportunity to be continuously learning.
IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A pastry chef. After high-school I worked in French patisserie making many delicious pastries (which of course involved taste testing). It has some similar aspects to science, everything has to be so precise.
MY FIRST JOB WAS an amateur yoga poser. When I was 12, my dance school published a kids book for yoga classes.
MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV Is the IT crowd.
I AM WORKING ON The gastrointestinal microbiome.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR traveling. Just before I started my position at Hudson Institute in April I spent time island hopping along the east coast of Malaysia.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD to taking part in 'Sleep at the G'. A charity sleep out to raise money for youth homelessness. I find living the Melbourne the issue of homelessness is confronting, and I often feel helpless. Being able to do something to create a change for thousands of young people in Victoria is very important to be, and to also realise appreciate the privileges I have to be able to go home to a warm, safe home each night.
If you’d like to donate: https://sleepatthegcommunity.everydayhero.com/au/tamblyn
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD the Galapagos Islands, it’s like stepping into a David Attenborough documentary.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY getting outdoors. I grew up in regional Victoria, so we spent a lot of time hiking, camping and rock climbing.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT Horn Please in North Fitzroy.
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED be confident, even when you’re not.
No comments:
Post a Comment