
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Visiting Clinician, Sex Determination and Gonadal Development Research Group, Centre for Endocrinology and Metabolism
I WAS BORN IN Mexico City
BEFORE HUDSON I WAS WORKING as a Clinical Geneticist at the Children's Hospital of Mexico, in Mexico City.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS looking for new causes of diseases.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I think research is the basis for generating new knowledge with different applications.
IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE AN art curator.
MY FIRST JOB WAS at the Children's Hospital of Mexico, in Mexico City (it has been my only job).
MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind/ Friends.
I AM WORKING ON Disorders of Sex Development. I will be here for a year at the Hudson Institute, looking for the cause of patients with 46, XX ovotesticular syndrome.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR was moving to Melbourne and meeting new interesting people.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD to acquire new skills in research that will give me tools to study more patients in the future.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD is Venice.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY eating and travelling around the world.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT all places that have good food with a mix of flavours that can surprise me.
WHAT’S ADVICE WOULD YOU GIVE TO EMERGING RESEARCHERS? I am also new in research, but I could say: do not lose sight of your main goal, learn as much as possible every day and enjoy what you chose.
No comments:
Post a Comment