Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Hudson People - Naama Neeman



POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Children’s Cancer Foundation Administrative Director -
Hudson Monash Paediatric Precision Medicine Program


I WAS BORN IN
Israel.

BEFORE HUDSON I WAS 

The Chief eXperience Officer (CXO), and later Executive Advisor for Patient Experience at Monash Health.

THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS 

Working towards a shared goal (ie; curing childhood cancer) with incredibly smart, kind and inspiring individuals.

I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE 
I am passionate about healthcare leadership and research and am honoured to help lead an innovative program which aims to improve clinical outcomes, survival rates and quality of life (limiting side-effects) for childhood cancer patients.

IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD 
Still be involved in healthcare management and leadership, a journey that I started 14 years ago at Harvard Medical School and later the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF).

MY FIRST JOB WAS 
My first meaningful position in healthcare, Director of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Centre (Harvard Medical School).

MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS 
'The Handmaid’s Tale'.

I AM WORKING ON 
Paediatric cancer research and cancer precision medicine.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR 
Is commencing my current role and buying our first home in Australia.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD 
To a productive year for our program with continuous growth and international collaborations.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD 
Oh, there are so many… if I had to choose, my top four would be San Francisco, Tel Aviv, Kyoto, and of course … Melbourne.

OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY 
Spending time with family and friends, hiking, biking, and traveling.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
Hard to decide between Gary Danko in San Francisco and Zouki’s!

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED 
Is from my mentor and good friend (Niraj Sehgal, UCSF) who often quoted Maya Angelou as saying that “people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel”. I find this quote / advice to be very true and a humbling reminder of what matters the most. 


No comments:

Post a Comment