NAME Fiona Cousins
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE Postdoc/ Gargett Lab/ The Ritchie Centre
I WAS BORN IN Edinburgh, Scotland
BEFORE HUDSON I WAS
DOING My first post doc with the Saunders lab in the Centre for Inflammation
Research, Edinburgh
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS being a supervisor to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I have always been fascinated by how the human body works and wanted to know more.
IF I WASN’T DOING
THIS JOB I WOULD BE I’m honestly not sure, maybe a project manager, mainly
because I like organising people and using Google calendar…
MY FIRST JOB WAS Working as a receptionist at Scottish Hockey (the national governing body) when I was 17. “Good morning, Scottish Hockey, Fiona speaking how can I help you today?” I said that so often it became second nature and I began answering the home phone the same way.
MY FAVOURITE
MOVIE/TV IS Pitch Perfect (which satisfies my not so secret love of musicals). Also Grey’s Anatomy (which has taught me everything I need to know about medicine!)
I AM WORKING ON learning sign language and looking at a role for endometrial stem cells in endometrial repair and regeneration
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR I guess my highlight for January was seeing Andy Murray in the flesh at the Australian Open!
I AM LOOKING FORWARD to meeting up with my parents and my brother in Vietnam in April
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD Walking along The Braids in Edinburgh, it’s the first thing I do when I go home.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY playing hockey with Powerhouse St Kilda HC, three months of pre-season has already begun!
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT Browns restaurant, Edinburgh
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED “Dream big, kid.”

No comments:
Post a Comment