Thursday, September 22, 2016

Yoga at Hudson



Ann Scott, Hudson's Executive Officer, has been attending yoga at Hudson for the past four weeks. Here's what she has to say:

How is yoga?

As a newbie to yoga I was surprised at how much of a workout I got! I also managed some tricky poses which nearly had me falling flat on my face. I'm looking forward to getting a bit more flexible to ease up the aches and pains I get from riding my bike.

What style of yoga is it? 

The style of yoga is very similar to Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with some challenging poses incorporated into the flow of poses.
Don't be scared off by all of this jargon - from my perspective it is just great fun, doesn't require me to turn myself into a human pretzel and is challenging strength wise.

What can you do now compared to 4 weeks ago (when you hadn't done yoga)?

I can now do a 'frog' for about 0.75 seconds and as you can see from the pictures was able to pull my legs straight over my head and touch my toes on the floor - with a bit of help!

Yoga at Hudson details:

The next four-week block of yoga at Hudson will begin on Friday, October 7, from 1pm to 2pm.

TRY A CLASS at 11:30am, this Friday in the Level 3 Boardroom, Hudson building at the special price of $15 for staff/ $10 for students. The style of yoga is Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga, and suitable for beginners. Classes are open to staff and students across MHTP.

Ongoing prices are as follows:

Block of four classes:
Staff $60 ($15/class)/ Students $40 ($10/class)

Casual class:
$20 for staff/ $12 for students

For all enquiries, please contact BYC Health using the details below.




No comments:

Post a Comment