Wednesday, September 14, 2016

HUDSON PEOPLE - Sam Greenall

NAME
Sam Greenall     

POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE 
Research Officer, Oncogenic Signalling Laboratory, CCR

I WAS BORN IN 
Melbourne

BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING 
Liver cancer research at CSIRO

THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS 
Seeing things for the first time before anyone in the world has observed them.

I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE 
I wanted to make a contribution to the community and alleviate the suffering caused by cancer

IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE 
A professional rugby union player

MY FIRST JOB WAS 
Lifting VERY heavy furniture in a warehouse in Clayton.

MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS 
Predator. No, wait. Commando – anything with Arnie in it

I AM WORKING ON 
New therapeutic approaches for better treatment of high grade brain cancer

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR 
Was travelling to Langkawi for 10 nights of absolute relaxation.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD 
To hopefully curing cancer and a Nobel Prize. Too much to ask?

MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD 
Most places in south-east Asia. Failing that, anywhere my family is.

OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY 
Rugby, reading, eating and going to gym.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT 
A place called Santorini’s in Williamstown. Greek donuts soaked in honey syrup…..

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
Commit fully to something you truly believe in


No comments:

Post a Comment