t: 8572 2766
e: joseph.pereira@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Monday-Friday | 9am-5pm
Contact me for: Queries on laboratory or office space, equipment and platform technologies/access (within the Precinct of elsewhere) and anything to do with Hudson operations or services. I am working on transitioning manual Hudson processes and operations to a digital and easy to manage/use series of software packages, a number of projects to renovate existing laboratory and office areas, assisting in the business case and planning process for the new Hudson NCIR and ensuring optimal outcomes for the Hudson within the MMC research precinct. My door is always open (Covid permitting) and I welcome staff and students popping in to raise any concerns, thoughts or footy tips!
Experience and/or qualifications: For over 15 years I have held executive and
operational management roles within the biopharmaceutical, medical
research, University and clinical sectors and have a PhD in Cancer and
Cell Biology, (Operations, General Management, Scientific Services,
Project Director and Project Manager/Leader) with proven experience in
the and the not-for-profit sectors. I have also been heavily involved
in new research building projects and major laboratory and office
refurbishments (QIMRB and Uni of Melbourne), building and establishing a
urology and prostate cancer clinic treatment centre in North Melbourne
and establishing a therapeutic antibody screening platform and managing
preclinical efficacy studies while in the UK and in Sydney.
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: Working with such dedicated and motivated staff,
researchers and management really gives me a buzz and the motivation to
make a positive contribution to the Institute. I love that I can use
many aspects of my experience and background in my current role.
Fun fact: 3 fun facts: I have absolutely terrible 'dad
jokes' as my kids will testify; I was born in Nairobi, Kenya but have NO
running ability!; My life revolves around domestic and representative
basketball games, practices, tournaments and fitness training for my
mad keen kids - despite me never playing a game of basketball in my life
HUMAN RESOURCES TEAM
GRAHAM HOBBS | Human Resources and OHSE Manager
t: 8572 2531 | m: 0407 265 453
e: Graham.Hobbs@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Monday-Friday | 9am-5pm
Contact me for: Anything related to the above areas. We (Belinda, Niro, Gabby and I) will try to resolve your issue as quickly, efficiently and "pain free" as possible.
Experience and/or qualifications: BSc (hons), Dip. Ed, PhD, MBA
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: I love the passion people bring to their roles despite the challenging environment we work in.
Fun fact: I have twice given penalties in Canoe Slalom
events that decided who did (and who didn't) get to represent Australia
at the Olympics.
t: 8572 2530
e: Belinda.Pelle@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Monday & Tuesdays 8.30am - 4pm, Wednesday - 9am -3pm (Work from Home), Thursdays 8.30am - 3pm
Contact me for: Anything HR related for staff, new staff, recruitment, Culture and Engagement Activities/Ideas
Experience and/or qualifications: AHRI Certified HR Practitioner, Advanced Diploma in HR, Diploma in HR
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: I love working with people. Making the workplace a
great place for staff and students to come every day. We hope to be able
to deliver more onsite health and wellbeing initiatives this year.
Fun fact: I am from Adelaide so very biased when it comes to AFL footy teams, or where the best wine is from!
GABRIELLE CUNNIFFE | HR & Student Administration Officer
t: 8572 2552
e: gabrielle.cunniffe@hudson.org.au
Contact me for: HR and student information.
Experience and/or qualifications: Most staff would recognise me as the past receptionist, where I worked for approximately 2 years. More recently I have joined the HR team to assist and oversee our students.
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: My favourite part of the job is meeting and assisting new starters while also working alongside a great team.
Fun fact: The face that I'm one of 12 children always seems to get a good reaction. FAQ: Are they all to the same mother ... Yes! Are there any twins? ... No! Do you all look alike? ... Yes, some of my sisters have been mistaken as me or a twin. Are you one of the oldest or youngest? ... I'm in the middle – # 6!
NIRO PATHIRAGE | OHSE Coordinator
t: 8572 2697 | m: 0437 129 096
e: Niro.Pathirage@hudson.org.au
Contact me for: Anything related to safety at work- advice, support and guidance related to biosafety, chemicals, radioactive sources, manual handling, safety incidents and OHS training
Experience and/or qualifications: PhD in medical research. 3 years postdoctoral research, 3 laboratory management, 5 years quality management in pathology and 2 years in my current role
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: The people I work with and the work environment
PURCHASING/STORES/LATS
DALE CARY | Building and Purchasing Manager
t: 8572 2745 | m: 0437 261 053
e: dale.cary@hudson.org.au
Contact me for: All things purchasing related, University building access, LATS and building related matters(pretty much covered by the new job desk), mail, dry ice supplies, liquid nitrogen supplies, cleaning and waste matters, Lab coats, lab wash-up. Chair both Area Manager and Hudson OHSE committees.
Experience and/or qualifications: BSc, with 18 years in the lab, 14 years as a Lab Manager and 4 years in my current position.
Fun fact: I'm a self proclaimed expert on all things airlines and commercial aviation. At some stage this year I will join the Qantas million points club!
LEON MOUSSA | Biomedical Engineer
t: 959 44303
e: leon.moussa@hudson.org.au
Contact me for: Equipment and building issues / repairs, consultations regarding equipment for assistance with experiments.
Experience and/or qualifications: PhD in medical research, extensive experience in electronics, mechanics and buildings.
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: I love the variety and hands-on nature of my work and I like the challenges of resolving researchers unique requirements.
Fun fact: I am a car fanatic and enjoy competitive tennis.
HSIEN TEH | Lab Support Officer
t: 8572 2717
e: hsien.teh@hudson.org.au
Contact me for: LATS Jobs. I can and should be contacted via the Hudson Job Desk. All the work we are responsible for is on a pdf that has been sent out by Steve, and a copy of the pdf is on the job desk.
Experience and/or qualifications: I love to eat, does that count?
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: I sometimes get promises of food, although often
these never materialise... But I live in the hope of getting my
rewards one day.
Fun fact: I love meat, beef, pork, lamb, chicken, goat,
duck, fish (fish is meat...), prawns, squid, ham, bacon, sausages,
kebabs, burgers (not vege burgers), roasts, bbqs, stews,
dumplings, parmas, schnitzels, meat pies, curries, spam (spam is
possibly meat...), clams, oysters, crabs, scallops, haggis......
(this list is not exhaustive, but will have to do for now...)
RODNEY EDWARDS | Purchasing Officer
t: 8572 2727 | m: 0418 302 565
e: rodney.edwards@hudson.org.au
Contact me for: Deliveries, Store items, heating cooling, milk supplies.
Experience and/or qualifications: 18 Years at the Institute. 48 Years experience working in all types of industries.
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: I keep the Institute running like clockwork. I love the people and the way we all work to make the world a safe and health place to live.
Fun fact: I was in the Army, the Fire Brigade and the Vice President of the Koo Wee Rup RSL now.
HENRY WOS | Purchasing Officer
t: 8572 2717
e: henry.wos@hudson.org.au
Contact me for: External purchases, purchasing advice, vodka
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: Really love working with so many committed people ( and some who should be committed )
JOSHUA MOXHAM | Purchasing and Stores Assistant
t: 8572 2556
e: joshua.moxham@hudson.org.au
STEVE BOURALEXIS | Precinct Facility Manager + LATS Manager
t: 8572 2601
e: steve.bouralexis@hudson.org.au
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: The role is a very hands on role that draws from all elements of my experience whether that is through formal qualifications or what I have picked up along the way. It suits my character perfectly as I am an individual that needs to be constantly stimulated and challenged.
RECEPTION
AMBER CROWLEY | Receptionist
t: 8572 2700
e: amber.crowley@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Monday alternating, Thursday, Friday | 9am-5pm
Contact me for: Meeting Room Bookings, Monash Parking V Permits and bookings, Bike Storage access, Couriers and Seminar Information.
Experience and/or qualifications: BA (History of Art) - Victoria University, Wellington New Zealand
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: The Institute is a fascinating place to work, so many people doing amazing things. I like to be a friendly (mostly masked!) face when people come in the Hudson front door, every day brings another unique request, phone call or visitor!
Fun fact: I am originally from New Zealand, and have also spent a couple of years living in Scotland (where I lied my way into a post-match after-party to meet a former All Black Captain). I have an 8 yr old and 11 yr old that take up all my time when I am not working, and a dog called Sam who is almost needier than the two kids put together! Inbetween lockdowns my family and I snuck in a trip to Port Douglas where we took the kids swimming with sea turtles, which was pretty special!
NICOLE CANTANIA | Receptionist
t: 8572 2700
e: nicole.catania@hudson.org.au
Workdays: Monday alternating, Tuesday, Wednesday | 9am-1pm
Contact me for: all administrational duties at reception. Meeting room Queries & Bookings, Car Park permits & Parking requests, Staff & Directory updates, Cab Charges & Couriers. Call the main phone line and you speak with either myself or Amber.
Experience and/or qualifications: Marketing diploma, background in Office Management, Reception and Team Leading.
Why you do this work/what you love about your job: The Institute people make the job amazing. I love the variety of duties of the day.
Fun fact: Not so much fun ... but I faint at the sight of blood. I have worked in various sectors, Finance, IT, Container Transport, Print and Publishing. My nephew races cars for Red Bull.












No comments:
Post a Comment