Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Hudson People | Business Development Office

BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICE

ROB MERRIEL | Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary
t: 8572 2553 | m: 0418 186 265
e: rob.merriel@hudson.org.au

Contact me for: Strategic guidance with budgeting, commercialisation, grant opportunities and to share your latest IP disclosure – my formal roles are
  • Chief Financial Officer
  • Chief Commercialisation Officer
  • Company Secretary to the Hudson Board of Directors
  • Member of the Investment Board Sub-Committee
  • Member of the Finance and Audit Board Sub-Committee
  • Member of the Intellectual Property & Commercialisation Board Sub-Committee
  • Director and Company Secretary of Hudson Institute Investment Holdings

Experience: 40 Years of experience working in medical research (Hudson Institute of Medical Research and Baker Institute), large public healthcare services (Melbourne Health and Southern Health) and commercial organisations (Pacific Dunlop and Deloitte Consulting).  Father of four and 38 years of marriage (to the one woman).

Qualifications: B Arts (Psychology); Post Grad Dip (Psychology), Post Grad Dip (Accounting); Certified Practicing Accountant

Why you do this work/what you love about your job: In 2020 we realised significant growth in the number of Commercial collaborations at the Institute and the value of investments seeking to translate Hudson Institute research – this was the result of 6 years hard work in the BD Office working for and alongside our researchers - I am looking forward to continued growth in this area and within the next two years, a Hudson “born” therapeutic in clinical trials.

Fun fact: My son Joshua hosts a national radio show, on JJJ? He hosts 'Short Fast Loud'? 

CARMELA MONGER | Business Development Manager
t: 8572 2008 | m: 0439 023 808
e: carmela.monger@hudson.org.au


Contact me for: Intellectual property management, opportunity identification and analysis, research and marketing of commercial projects, investor and partner relations, commercial agreements and technology transfer.

Experience and/or qualifications: More than 24 years’ experience managing the intellectual property portfolios for businesses in private practice and in-house, including oversight of the strategic commercialisation of technologies in Australia and overseas. I am a registered patent attorney, a graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and also a past Director of the Victorian Cancer Biobank and Nexpep Pty Ltd.

I previously worked in an in-house role at the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research for twelve years and at Hudson Institute, I manage and contribute to a range of activities including intellectual property management, opportunity identification and analysis, research and marketing of commercial projects, investor and partner relations, commercial agreements and technology transfer administration.

Why you do this work/what you love about your job: I enjoy working with and assisting scientists and clinicians that collaborate on innovative discoveries with the aim of translation into clinical change of new therapeutics and diagnostics and the provision of knowledge through scientific discovery and education.

Fun fact: Some facts and I will leave it to you to determine what is a fun fact! ... 
I enjoy some extreme activities ie; have tried hot air ballooning, travelling in the cockpit of small planes (during a storm), have cuddled a very old Tasmanian Devil, have held a snake (that's the extent of it). I also enjoy food and dining with family and friends, going to the movies is a great night out, have seen most of the "Law and Order" episodes and make a great lasagna!

KATE MACKIN | Business Development Coordinator
t: 8572 2528 | m: 0413 499 510
e: kate.mackin@hudson.org.au
 

Contact me for: Queries you have about contracts and agreements, intellectual property, commercialisation - check out our intranet page for more details.

Experience and/or qualifications: BA, BSc(Hons), PhD. I was a postdoc in the Department of Microbiology at Monash Uni before joining Hudson about 5 years ago (in the BD Office for 3.5 years).

Why you do this work/what you love about your job: Lab research wasn't for me, but I still wanted a job in the research sector that combined my interest in translational science with lots of opportunities to learn - I certainly get that here, with so much great research and commercialisation happening at the Institute!

Fun fact: BA major was in Criminology and Justice studies, and I also have a Certificate IV in Forensic Science. There were very few women role models in science around me when I was younger, but there was Special Agent Dana Scully from The X-Files! 

NAYLA LEON CARLOS
e: nayla.leoncarlos@hudson.org.au


I'm working on: Updating agreements and patent application into an intellectual property software.

Experience and/or qualifications: Medical Degree, Specialist in Clinical Genetics and will finish a Masters in Research shortly. 

Why you do this work/what you love about your job: The BDO has helped me better understand the process from having a novel discovery to its possible applications in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Definitely, a very interesting area where I have learnt a lot of what happens between research and the clinical area. 

Fun fact: I was born in Mexico and as expected, I am a foodie. Always happy to try different culinary options.  


No comments:

Post a Comment