Science and Industry Endowment Fund (SIEF) John Stocker Fellow, Gargett Group, TRC
I am jumping between experiments and working from home. My first half of the day usually is a quick visit to check on my animals. I try and schedule my zoom meeting during the afternoon when my daughter is napping. Sometimes she joins in! I have created a spot in my house where I can work comfortably, while keeping an eye on her, and she can see me too. Her smiles are very distracting I must confess!
Are you using or can you recommend any social media platforms/virtual groups to connect to while working/studying from home?
I think zoom is a great tool. I am able to attend more student seminars more than before. I also use the google hangouts very often. This has helped me keep in touch with my team and discuss things during the ever changing situation now.
Who are your new 'collaborators' at home (two or four legged!)? Any amusing anecdotes from their antics?
My one year daughter Aarya! She has absolutely nailed mimicking me on the laptop. While she looks like her dad, her focus frown is just like mine. She often can't resist my zoom discussions and always has something to say (she says baaaaaa when she hears me discuss sheep!).
Little baby bum (!!!) , I loved watching bard of blood on Netflix, a new hobby is to judge my husband's cooking, his new found hobby. My new exercise is to dance while carrying my daughter :)
What are you looking forward to, post hudson@home?
What are you looking forward to, post hudson@home?
I definitely crave having coffee with my work mates! I also look forward to working together in labs. That used be so much fun.
What is your favourite funny/inspirational quote or meme in recent weeks that made you smile that you think others might enjoy?
I think the jokes Liz send are fantastic. I have enjoyed them so much. Some of them very hilarious, makes my day :)

No comments:
Post a Comment