Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Hudson People | H@H with Caroline Menara

What is your Position, Group and Centre @Hudson?
Centre Administrator and PA to Professor Stuart Hooper, The Ritchie Centre.

What is your work from home routine?
I usually start work between 7:30-8:00am – and have around three, 15 minute breaks during which I will chat to the kids and have a quick ball game with the dogs in the backyard – then finish around 5:00pm. If the weather is good I take the dogs for a walk to the local park or go for a bike ride with my daughter.

Are you using or can you recommend any social media platforms/virtual groups to connect to while working/studying from home?
We are mainly using Zoom for lab meetings and student seminars which seems to be working well. We are also sending out a weekly e-newsletter to keep our staff and students updated with TRC news and to also highlight recent achievements.

Who are your new 'collaborators' at home (two or four legged!)? Any amusing anecdotes from their antics?
I have two rough collies – Lenny and Benny – who often drop tennis balls at my feet while I’m working. I also have to be careful not to trip over the dogs as they tend to sleep across doorways!!

I also have three teenagers in Year 11, Year 12 and 2nd Year Uni. All are studying from home and seem to be coping ok. As long as there are plenty of snacks – they’re fine!



Have you started any hobbies, or could you recommend a Netflix series/movie or great book?
I've started going for bike rides (there's a bike path near my home). I also found a 1990’s exercise DVD for strength training – it's an oldie but a goodie!! 

What are you looking forward to, post hudson@home? 
I'm looking forward to more social interaction and the routine of going into the office. Working from home takes a lot more self-discipline and motivation – so it’s not always easy. Also looking forward to seeing the students getting back into the labs and enjoying their research year.

What is your favourite funny/inspirational quote or meme in recent weeks that made you smile that you think others might enjoy?
I have sent most of my favourite funny memes to Liz - however I like this one. My household is having severe AFL withdrawal. But I think it's good for everyone to pursue other interests on the weekends other than footy - so it's not such a bad thing. Both my sons umpire football at VFL and SFNL level, so they are missing it. Hopefully they can resume in a few months time.

No comments:

Post a Comment