
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE PhD student in Professor Guiying Nie's research group, Implantation and Placental Development, Centre for Reproductive Health.
I WAS BORN IN General Santos City, Philippines.
BEFORE HUDSON INSTITUTE I WAS taking a six month break from academia to bartend for Cirque du Soleil and Circus Oz, and volunteer for the youth mental health organisation, Headspace.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS meeting passionate distinguished and talented researchers at events like the upcoming Salamonsen Lecture and Centre for Reproductive Health Symposium.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I always found pregnancy to be both fascinating yet perplexing! My unwavering curiosity about this wonderful life event lead me to research.
IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A mental health researcher or psychologist.
MY FIRST JOB WAS wrapping hundreds of Christmas gifts!
MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS anything crime or psychological thriller like The Zodiac, Gone Girl, or Ex-Machina.
I AM WORKING ON understanding the function of a placenta-specific enzyme in normal placental development and its role in the pathogenesis of the pregnancy-related disorder preeclampsia.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR hiking everywhere in Tasmania. The beautiful landscapes reminded me a lot of New Zealand. Highly recommend exploring both!
I AM LOOKING FORWARD to one day adopting another cat. And maybe another!
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD Sölden, Austria. Especially skiing there in the winter. Absolutely stunning!
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY any form of outdoor adventure (hiking, kayaking, rock-climbing), playing with my goofy cat or petting stranger’s dogs.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT Kyōto Gogyo 五行 Ramen. The burnt miso ramen is out of this world!
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED “Be the person you needed when you were younger.”
No comments:
Post a Comment