Thursday, July 5, 2018

Hudson People - Manizha Shekibi

POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE Honours student within the Salamonsen research group in the CRH.


I WAS BORN overseas but I moved here with my family when I was nearly three years old.


BEFORE HUDSON INSTITITUTE I WAS DOING my bachelors degree in Biomedical Science at Monash University.


THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS... there’s so much more flexibility compared to my university degree and that the work I’m doing now is going towards something which could potentially help people in the future.


I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I’ve always been fascinated by biology and medical sciences. During high school I had aspirations for clinical medicine before I realised during my first year of university that I much preferred the research I was learning about during my degree. Reproductive biology (particularly infertility) has been something I’ve always been very interested, even before starting university.


IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A in education or studying ancient cultures/archaeology.


MY FIRST JOB WAS a swimming teacher (still currently working as one).


MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS ... I don’t currently have a favourite but I was obsessed with Stardust (2007) when I was younger.


I AM WORKING ON the maternal-fetal dialogue of pregnancy and how they interact with each other, specifically from the fetal aspect.


I AM LOOKING FORWARD to going travelling with my siblings later in the year, after Honours has finished. I'm also definitely looking forward to taking part in a 5km stint for Run Melbourne on Sunday, 29 July and representing Hudson Institute. Raising awareness and making a difference to medical research.


OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY reading, listening to music, hanging out with family/ friends.


MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT is Pamir restaurant in Dandenong, which has some of the best authentic Afghan cuisine I’ve had from any restaurant.


THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED ... Be happy to make mistakes, no one learns from already knowing all the right answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment