
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE Honours student with Dr Peter Stanton in the Male Fertility Regulation research group, Centre for Reproductive Health.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS challenging
myself and learning new things every day.
I CHOOSE THIS CAREER PATH
BECAUSE I am so interested in the human body, especially reproductive biology and
the weird and wonderful way it works.
WHAT ARE YOUR REASONS FOR TAKING PART IN RUN
MELBOURNE? It was the perfect excuse to increase my fitness and complete my
first half marathon.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO YOU TO BE PART OF RUN
MELBOURNE HUDSON TEAM? So many of my friends and family have never heard of Hudson Institute, this was a perfect opportunity to proudly share my place of
study and tell everyone about its important research.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO RUN IN THE WORLD IS back near my home, along the beach in Port Fairy.
RUN MELBOURNE ACTIVITY? My first half marathon!
WHAT LEVEL OF RUNNER DO YOU CONSIDER
YOURSELF? Beginner, I am new to long
distance running!
IN THE LEAD UP TO RACE DAY I WILL watch
Harry Potter and eat cheese.
ON RACE DAY, I WILL LOOK SMASHING IN my
new Hudson Institute singlet and watermelon socks.
MY FOOD / HEALTH TIPS? Don’t eat less, eat
right.
THE BEST FITNESS ADVICE I’VE RECEIVED? Consistency is key. Also training for something like Run Melbourne is a great
incentive to keep training and helps to stay motivated!
DO YOU HAVE ANY RACE SUPERSITIONS OR RITUALS?
I have to run in my watermelon socks!
ON RACE DAY I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO running
further than I have ever ran before!
ON RACE DAY, I WILL BE HAPPY IF I make it
to the end without stopping.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RUN MELBOURNE TIPS FOR
OTHERS? Running exhaustion is such a mental game rather than physical, it is
always a case of mind over matter. Everyone should challenge themselves to run
as far as they can.
WHAT IS YOUR RACE GOAL? To finish under two hours.
ARE YOU FUNDRAISING, IF SO, WHY SHOULD PEOPLE SPONSOR YOU? It is my first half marathon and I am running for a cause I am so passionate about. Any support would be greatly appreciated.
ARE YOU FUNDRAISING, IF SO, WHY SHOULD PEOPLE SPONSOR YOU? It is my first half marathon and I am running for a cause I am so passionate about. Any support would be greatly appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment