Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Hudson People - Nazanin (Naz) Karimnia


POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
PhD student in Ovarian Cancer Biomarkers Group, Centre for Cancer Research

I WAS BORN IN
Tehran, Iran

BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING my PhD in Diabetes department at the Alfred, I changed my project and my supervisor to do cancer research here at Hudson Institute.

THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS thinking that my research can actually make a difference!

I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE cancer is the biggest health related fear in today’s society, it is rewarding to be able to find some answers.

IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE a florist.

MY FIRST JOB WAS a bookkeeper at a small community library.

MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS at the moment I’m obsessed with the Black Mirror series.

I AM WORKING ON targeting the 'leader cells' in ovarian cancer, these are the cells responsible for the tumour invasion.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR receiving the Dr Sue Fowler Scholarship in Ovarian Cancer.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD to buying our own place in Melbourne.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD Hard to decide! But I love to look at the city’s skyline, so it could either be Point Ormond in Melbourne or Tehran’s roof lookout.

OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY playing badminton and my favourite board game: Scythe. 

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT anywhere with friends and Thai food!

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED ... No matter how long you have traveled in the wrong direction, you can always turn around!

No comments:

Post a Comment