POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE Post-doc, Stuart Hooper’s research group, The Ritchie Centre I WAS BORN IN Melbourne.
BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING my PhD at Monash (Physiology Department).
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS all the other fantastic post docs at The Ritchie Centre. They keep me going through all the grant rejections, deadlines and the general slog.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE I love the discovery, innovation, creativity and freedom.
IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A ... hmm, don’t know, maybe would have followed my dad into design and architecture.
MY FIRST JOB WAS salesgirl at Supre!
MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS Mad men, A league of their own.
I AM WORKING ON identifying and characterising the injury that occurs in the neonatal lung during lung aeration at birth. Oh, and submitting all my papers before maternity leave in June.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR personally, my morning sickness subsiding. Work-wise, submitting my NHMRC grant and being invited to write an editorial for AJRCCM.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD the birth of my second child this July.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD ... Last year my daughter and I went to New York to visit my younger brother and it was AMAZING!
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY having people over and cooking up a huge meal, but also anytime I get an hour completely to myself!
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT I don’t know if it’s my favourite but my most often visited place to eat is Springvale (Vietnamese husband…).
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED - “Done is better than perfect”.
No comments:
Post a Comment