Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Hudson People - Virginie Deswaerte


POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE: post-doc in  the Cancer and Immune Signalling Laboratory, CIIID

I WAS BORN IN Paris

BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING research on atherosclerosis as a post-doc at the Baker IDI.

THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS doing experiments that all together lead to great discoveries that could improve people’s health.

I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE when I was a kid, there was this amazing TV show called “il était une fois… la vie (Once Upon a Time... Life)”. It was all about biology and what happens in our body… I loved it and made me want to become a biologist.

IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A marine biologist.

MY FIRST JOB WAS working at a mini golf in a caravan park.

MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS: I know it sounds very cliché, but it is Titanic. It won 11 Oscars after all.

I AM WORKING ON inflammasomes and their role in stomach cancer.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR was going to Sydney to visit my friends that I didn’t see for more than a year.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD to going to Hawaii in April.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD: Paris, the most beautiful city in the world ;-)

OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY swimming, playing water polo and volunteering at South Melbourne beach as a lifesaver.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT: Massive Wieners on Chapel Street.

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED: Never regret things you did but things you didn’t do. 



No comments:

Post a Comment