Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Hudson people - Madelene Rich



POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Executive Assistant to Professor Elizabeth Hartland


I WAS BORN IN
A hurry at Sandringham



BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING
I have worked in the advertising industry (traffic coordinator, media buyer), run my own secretarial business in Cheltenham for a few years before downsizing to a home-based business while I brought up two children. Just prior to coming to Hudson Institute, I was PA to a Senior Manager in Community Aged Care (not for profit) and after 7 years I was looking for a change. Hudson Institute has come up trumps for me in that regard.


THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
As I have only been in this role for a few months (previously PA to Jus St John, CGD), I am enjoying getting to know and work with lots of Hudson Institute people that I had not met before. I love the variety and the busy nature that comes from being in an EA role. I like to think I make my boss’s job a bit easier by being an effective EA – and that is satisfying.


IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A
A photographer.


MY FIRST JOB WAS
A shop assistant at Snowdeli, Southland.



MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS
Rosehaven


I AM WORKING ON
Liz Hartland’s presentation for the End of Year staff meeting next Thursday, 14 December in Lecture Theatre 1, Monash Medical Centre from 12.30pm-1.30pm. Thought I’d take this opportunity to remind everyone.


THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR
Completing one of David Astle’s cryptic crosswords from Friday’s Age. This is no mean feat and cause for celebration because every other Friday finds me flinging the paper across the room in frustration.


I AM LOOKING FORWARD
Heading to Tasmania for a break in the new year (in particular the distilleries and the Tamar Valley).


MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
Locally – a secret camping spot near Moora Moora Reservoir in the middle of the Grampians National Park.
Internationally – see above.


OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
I love going to see live music – no matter the venue.


MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
City – Bar Lourinha is consistently good.
Local – Parkdale CafĂ© on the beach is nice for morning tea on my days off



THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
Don’t run with scissors.


No comments:

Post a Comment