Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Hudson people - Ruth Escalona


Position/Group/Centre: PhD student, Centre for Reproductive Health, Ovarian Biology Lab (Supervisor: Professor Jock Findlay).

I was born in
Chile.

Before Hudson Institute I was doing 

I was a Senior Research Assistant for the Women's Cancer Centre at Royal Women's Hospital.

The best part of my job is 

To study what I love.

I chose this career path because
I like the field, I love doing research and love learning more about how cells and their environment interact.  My dream/goal is that one day my research will make an impact and will identify a new therapeutic tool that will aid in the fight against cancer.

If I wasn't doing this job I would be  

A full time mum.

My first job was
Selling flowers in bottle shop drive throughs.

My favourite movie/tv is
Twilight.

I am working on
the role of TIMPs in ovarian cancer.


The highlight of my year so far
writing a paper/review which hopefully will be submitted shortly.


I am looking forward
To doing my second year confirmation.


My favourite place in the world
Broadbeach, Queensland.


Outside of work I enjoy
Going out with my kids and being a mum.


My favourite place to eat
At La Porchetta.


The best advice I've received
"What doesn't break you makes you stronger."

No comments:

Post a Comment