POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Junior research assistant, Centre for Cancer Research
I WAS BORN IN
Australia
BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING
I was studying Biomedicine at Victoria University
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
Learning new experiments and techniques and being surrounding by supportive and interesting individuals.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
My long-term goal is to be a doctor; one who is compassionate and invested in her community. As a junior research assistant at the Hudson Institute, I have come to be more aligned to my long-term goal, by understanding the process and importance of research in the medical field.
IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE
Studying medicine.
MY FIRST JOB WAS
An English tutor.
MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS
The Mummy (1999) and not the 2017 excuse of a film version. Between you and me, some classics just shouldn’t be touched.
I AM WORKING ON
Assisting a project on colorectal cancer and looking at the role of Ilk on colitis and colorectal models.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR
Engaging with bright individuals and being part of the Hudson Institute family.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO
Being more independent and taking on more experiments and getting into medicine.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
The mosque, because it is safe, warm and filled with love and respect for one another.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Reading and hanging out with my whole family. To me there is nothing more beautiful and chaotic than a big family.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
My house, if mum is cooking.
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
I have always had the pleasure of meeting some interesting and great individuals throughout my life that have given me some great advice. But the one that stays with me to date is that "kindness doesn’t cost a thing" and "always be the change you want to see."
No comments:
Post a Comment