Monday, August 7, 2017

Hudson people - Dr Dan Bird


POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE: 
Research Officer, Vincent Harley’s group, CEM.


I WAS BORN IN: 
Bogor (just outside Jakarta), Indonesia.


BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING: 
Working as a postdoc for Ass Prof Timothy Cole at Monash University, Biochemistry Department.


THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS: 
The potential to discover something completely unknown, and that it one day could help someone. 


I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE: 
At high school, the subject I was least bad at was science.


IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A:
Professional miniature model painter.


MY FIRST JOB WAS: 
Bike courier in the CBD.


MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS: 
Office Space.


I AM WORKING ON: 
The mechanisms underlying FGF signalling for male sex determination.


THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR: 
Going up to Canberra for Australia’s biggest tabletop gaming convention (Cancon).


I AM LOOKING FORWARD: 
To having all three of my kids toilet-trained.


MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD: 
Glencoe, Scotland.


OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY: 
Being with family, watching movies, playing sport, playing war games or computer games. 


MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT: 
Pig and Whistle tavern at Olinda in the Dandenong’s.


THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED: 
To “do to others as you would have them do to you”. (Luke 6:31)


No comments:

Post a Comment