Friday, July 7, 2017

Hudson People - Laura Moffitt

POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
PhD Student, Ovarian Cancer Biomarkers Laboratory, Centre for Cancer Research.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
Learning something new every day.
I CHOOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
I am passionate about being able to contribute to cancer research.
WHAT ARE YOUR REASONS FOR TAKING PART IN RUN MELBOURNE?
To raise money and awareness for the Hudson Institute.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO YOU TO BE PART OF RUN MELBOURNE HUDSON TEAM?
To prove that researchers actually leave the lab once in a while…
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO RUN IN THE WORLD IS
Anywhere with a good view!
RUN MELBOURNE ACTIVITY (eg: 5km, 10km, half marathon, walk)
5km
WHAT LEVEL OF RUNNER DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF? (eg; beginner, intermediate, etc)
Beginner.
IN THE LEAD UP TO RACE DAY I WILL ...
Train by running up the stairs instead of taking the lift every day.
ON RACE DAY, I WILL LOOK SMASHING IN ...
My favourite activewear.
MY FOOD / HEALTH TIPS?
Everything in moderation!
THE BEST FITNESS ADVICE I’VE RECEIVED …
Don’t compare yourself to others – be your own motivation.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RACE SUPERSITIONS OR RITUALS?
I always triple check that my shoelaces are done up properly before I start running!
ON RACE DAY I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO …
Having fun competing with my other team members.
ON RACE DAY, I WILL BE HAPPY IF ….
I make it to the finish line.
DO YOU HAVE ANY RUN MELBOURNE TIPS FOR OTHERS?
Have fun, set your own goals and encourage people you know to donate to this great cause.
WHAT IS YOUR RACE GOAL?
To beat my personal best time and hopefully raise some money along the way.
ARE YOU FUNDRAISING, IF SO, WHY SHOULD PEOPLE SPONSOR YOU?
Yes! Because all the money raised through my fundraising page will go towards providing important resources to continue the amazing research being done at the institute.



No comments:

Post a Comment