Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Hudson People - Kanokwan (Nok) Srirattana


POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
PhD student, Mitochondrial Genetics Group, Centre for Genetic Diseases

THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
Finding out what’s going on in embryos during development.

I CHOOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
I love to do experiments. I am always very happy and excited to see the development of embryos from 1-cell to the blastocyst stage.

WHAT ARE YOUR REASONS FOR TAKING PART IN RUN MELBOURNE?
I have never joined the Run Melbourne before, and this is my last year here. So I want to experience it before I leave Melbourne. Also, it would be a fun break from my thesis writing.

WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO YOU TO BE PART OF RUN MELBOURNE HUDSON TEAM?
I would like to help raise funds to purchase high-tech medical research tools for the Hudson Institute, while having some fun with my friends and colleagues.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO RUN IN THE WORLD IS …
Mary Street, Clayton (when I have to run to the station so that I don’t miss the train).

RUN MELBOURNE ACTIVITY (eg: 5km, 10km, half marathon, walk)
5km (run+walk)

WHAT LEVEL OF RUNNER DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF? (eg; beginner, intermediate, etc)
Where is the pre-beginner option?

IN THE LEAD UP TO RACE DAY I WILL …
Make sure I have enough sleep.

ON RACE DAY, I WILL LOOK SMASHING IN ….
Sporty clothes.

MY FOOD / HEALTH TIPS?
When you feel hungry, just have some food!

THE BEST FITNESS ADVICE I’VE RECEIVED …
Keep going.

DO YOU HAVE ANY RACE SUPERSITIONS OR RITUALS?
Throughout the run, I will keep telling myself to ‘be like the tortoise’ (from ‘The Tortoise and The Hare’)

ON RACE DAY I’M LOOKING FORWARD TO …
Run!

ON RACE DAY, I WILL BE HAPPY IF ….
I can survive the race!

DO YOU HAVE ANY RUN MELBOURNE TIPS FOR OTHERS?
Just do it!

WHAT IS YOUR RACE GOAL?
Finish my run+walk within 40 min.

ARE YOU FUNDRAISING, IF SO, WHY SHOULD PEOPLE SPONSOR YOU?
This is such a worthy cause to donate for – let’s all support our Institute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment