NAME
Gordon McPhee
Gordon McPhee
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Cell Therapies Platform Manager
Cell Therapies Platform Manager
I WAS BORN IN
Paisley, Scotland
Paisley, Scotland
BEFORE HUDSON I WAS
Operating a cleanroom facility in Adelaide and doing a lot of Atomic Force Microscopy.
Operating a cleanroom facility in Adelaide and doing a lot of Atomic Force Microscopy.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
The support from colleagues around the Hudson
Institute and the other platforms.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
I wanted a change from research and to be involved in more clinically orientated work.
I wanted a change from research and to be involved in more clinically orientated work.
IF I WASN’T DOING
THIS JOB I WOULD BE A
Police officer, science communicator or car mechanic
Police officer, science communicator or car mechanic
MY FIRST JOB WAS
The local paperboy, until I was sacked.
The local paperboy, until I was sacked.
MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS
Fight Club / The Wire
Fight Club / The Wire
I AM WORKING ON
Increasing the capabilities and profile of the Cell Therapies Platform for everyone to enjoy.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR
Staying in the Daintree Rainforest or seeing ‘Totally Unicorn’ play a gig at the Tote bar.
Staying in the Daintree Rainforest or seeing ‘Totally Unicorn’ play a gig at the Tote bar.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD
Twin Peaks returning to television and the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
Twin Peaks returning to television and the Rugby World Cup in Japan.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
The Isle of Colonsay off the west coast of Scotland and the 117 people who live there.
The Isle of Colonsay off the west coast of Scotland and the 117 people who live there.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Mountain biking, playing ice hockey and live music
Mountain biking, playing ice hockey and live music
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
Shanghai Dumpling House BYO, CBD
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
Shanghai Dumpling House BYO, CBD
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his
shoes. After that, who cares? He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes.” –
Billy Connolly

No comments:
Post a Comment