Thursday, March 9, 2017

Message from Board Chair, Dr Robert Edgar

Hudson Institute’s Board of Directors has undergone some significant changes in recent months. Appointment to the the board is a great privilege in overseeing the governance, compliance and strategic direction of our organisation, and I am pleased to welcome three new directors to our board.

Mr Nigel Garrard, Mr Andrew Leyden and Mrs Zita Peach have each joined us as board directors. I wish to thank them for contributing their time and expertise to Hudson Institute of Medical Reserch.

I also wish to thank our longstanding board directors Mrs Jane Bell, Ms Jennifer Anne Joiner and Mr John Weste, who retired in 2016, for their contributions over many years.

Monash Health’s Chief Medical Officer, Professor Erwin Loh, joined the board as an observer last year. Monash Health is a highly valued precinct and clinical partner of Hudson Institute. Professor Loh brings a unique mix of expertise in medicine, management and law, and extensive knowledge about the health needs of our community. I am extremely grateful for his support.

Finally, thank you to Hudson Institute’s Emeritus Director and Distinguished Scientist, Professor Henry Burger AO, who retired as a Member, for his significant contributions over a number of years. We welcomed Distinguished Scientist Professor John (Jock) Findlay in his place and look forward to benefiting from his scientific experience and guidance.

-        Dr Robert Edgar
Board Chair
Hudson Institute of Medical Research


No comments:

Post a Comment