NAME:
Dilanka Fernando
Dilanka Fernando
POSITION /
GROUP / CENTRE:
PhD Candidate, STAT Cancer Biology Group, Centre for Cancer Research
PhD Candidate, STAT Cancer Biology Group, Centre for Cancer Research
I WAS BORN IN:
BEFORE HUDSON
I WAS DOING:
Working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant/ Demonstrator at Institute of Chemistry Ceylon
Working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant/ Demonstrator at Institute of Chemistry Ceylon
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS:
Trying to understand what happens in the molecular world and how these molecular events manifest in nature.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE:
I am highly passionate about multidisciplinary scientific research, it’s what my heart vibes for!
IF I WASN’T
DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE:
Working on a science-related job, because scientific reasoning and solving is never boring at all!
Working on a science-related job, because scientific reasoning and solving is never boring at all!
MY FIRST JOB WAS:
Working as a Graduate Teaching Assistant/ Demonstrator at Institute of Chemistry Ceylon.
MY FAVOURITE
MOVIE/TV IS:
Any science fiction with a sense of horror, adventure, a storyline implicated with aliens/alien abductions, apocalypse or a combination of these.
Any science fiction with a sense of horror, adventure, a storyline implicated with aliens/alien abductions, apocalypse or a combination of these.
I AM WORKING ON:
Post translational modifications (PTMs) and interactome of STAT3 (PhD project)
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR:
Mastering different experimental techniques in the lab
I AM LOOKING FORWARD:
For my first year confirmation review
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD:
Japan
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY:
Latin and ballroom dancing, Zumba, listening to selected genres of music
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT:
Any place with a touch of Sri Lankan/Indian cuisine
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED:
Don’t procrastinate! Do it when you have the chance and never regret later! (Received from a person who is a reputed scientist, an academic father and a mentor to my life)

No comments:
Post a Comment