NAME
Claire Xin Sun
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE: Third year PhD student
Justin St. John's Group, Centre for Genetic Diseases
I WAS BORN IN
The spring
city- Jinan, China
BEFORE HUDSON
I WAS DOING
Enjoying my
one-year maternity leave.
Before that, I
did my Masters at Bio21 Institute.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
Learning.
And hopefully
one day, I can use what I have learnt to help people.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
I wanted to do
some human disease related projects and I enjoy working in genetics and epigenetics, especially next-gen sequencing and bioinformatics.
IF I WASN’T
DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A
Teacher
MY FIRST JOB WAS
Tutor in
biochemistry
MY FAVOURITE
MOVIE/TV IS
TV:
Friends
And so many
movies.
I AM WORKING ON
Optimising a
ChIP protocol on cMyc antibody.
My PhD project
is to investigate the control of DNA methylation on mitochondrial copy number
during tumorigenesis and differentiation
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR
I got my
second child, Chelsea. ^-^
I AM LOOKING FORWARD
To publishing my
work.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
My sweet home.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Showing my
children the beautiful world.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
There is a lot of good food in Melbourne, and more to explore.
I do recommend
the Cajun fish burger from the Nesso café~~
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
Do
one's level best and leave the rest to God's will.

No comments:
Post a Comment