Aidan Weichard
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Research Assistant, Prof. Rosemary Horne’s group, Infant and Child Health - TRC
I WAS BORN IN
Melbourne
BEFORE HUDSON
I WAS DOING
Disability
support worker
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
Interacting
with the families and children who give their time to be part of our research
as well as teaching students and new staff the ins and outs of the work that we
do whilst relaying my knowledge about the importance of healthy sleep in
children.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
I had
experience working in the foreground implementing therapies and behavioural
interventions with both paediatric and adult populations. I saw the importance
of the research that must have been undertaken to develop such strategies and
techniques. I wanted to go behind the scenes and take part in developing
something that might one day be used as a tool to benefit people but more
specifically children. I was fortunate enough to be offered a position with
Rosemary’s team researching abnormal paediatric sleep and felt it was the
perfect opportunity to kick start my career in research.
IF I WASN’T
DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A
An artist –
painter to be specific!
MY FIRST JOB WAS
Farm hand at
the local flower farm
MY FAVOURITE
MOVIE/TV IS
Wayne’s World
I AM WORKING ON
Analysing the
data for our research investigating cerebral oxygenation in children with sleep
apnoea
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR
Touring
through Europe and visiting my wife’s family in Germany where I got the
opportunity to (for any automotive enthusiasts out there) take a few hot laps
on the infamous Nurburgring (famous race track) with some incredible cars that
sadly I’ll never be able to afford.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD
The Hudson
Christmas party!!
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
At the risk of
sounding mundane, I love being home tinkering in the shed playing with my pups
and listening to good music. But I would say the most spectacular place I’ve
ever been was either the Austrian Alps or the Canadian Rocky Mountains. Two
places I could easily call home.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Painting/drawing,
playing music and camping
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
The Noojee
pub, arguably the best parmas in Melbourne up there, well worth the drive on a
nice day.
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
Directions to
the Noojee pub!

No comments:
Post a Comment