NAME
Dr. Miranda Davies-Tuck
Dr. Miranda Davies-Tuck
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Research Fellow/ Epidemiology and Clinical Trials Group/The Ritchie Centre.
I WAS BORN IN
Melbourne
BEFORE HUDSON
I WAS DOING
Research on knees
Research on knees
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
The diverse number of projects I get to be involved in and people I get to work with.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
I want to improve the care we give mums and
their babies.
IF I WASN’T
DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE
A lady of leisure, ha! I have no idea actually. When
I was little I wanted to be a palaeontologist or meteorologist. In high school
I wanted to be a psychologist. Right now, if I was to do my time again I think
being a GP or a school teacher would be a nice job. I have also been known, in
the periods following fellowship/grant rejections to google “jobs an
epidemiologist can do” so realistically it would probably be one of them.
MY FIRST JOB
WAS
In a bakery, the highlight of this job was when I got to go in early with
the bakers and ice the scrolls and buns.
MY FAVOURITE
MOVIE/TV IS
Katy Perry: Part of Me and I
am not ashamed to admit it. Do yourself a favour and watch it, trust me.
I AM WORKING ON
My garden. Big block, huge hill and clay soils is making it a
challenge….
THE HIGHLIGHT OF
MY YEAR SO FAR.
My work with the Victorian Department of Health. Its been
really fascinating be involved in research driven by coronial or ministerial
recommendations that is then used to inform policy in Victoria.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO
Summer (finally some heat please!!!)
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
My home, the gorgeous Mornington Peninsula. I
don’t understand how anyone could live anywhere else.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Spending time with my boys. I’ve also recently
discovered mountain biking which is really fun.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
Commonfolk, in Mornington.
Awesome food and fantastic coffee.
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
“You can have
it all, just not all at once” (thanks to my PhD supervisor)
“Things are
neither good nor bad, they just are, it is how you perceive them” (Buddhism for
Mothers)
“Just say yes
and worry about the rest later” (thanks
Euan)

No comments:
Post a Comment