Wednesday, October 26, 2016

HUDSON PEOPLE - Le Son Tran


NAME:
Le Son Tran

POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE : 
Postdoc Researcher working with A/Prof Richard Ferrero in CiiiD

I WAS BORN IN: 
Ho Chi Minh city (Vietnam)

BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING: 
PhD at The Translational Research Institute (TRI) in Brisbane

THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS: 
The opportunities to discover the world and work with colleagues from different cultures.

I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE: 
I enjoy conducting experiments to find the answer to scientific questions and working towards effective treatments for serious medical conditions.

IF I WASN’T DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE AN: 
Air traffic controller as I love airplanes

MY FIRST JOB WAS: 
Research assistant and lecturer at Vietnam National University- The University of Science in Ho Chi Minh City.

MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS: 
Australia Border Protection and Air Crash Investigation

I AM WORKING ON: 
The mechanisms by which Helicobacter pylori modulates the host immune system to establish persistent infection and subsequent gastric carcinogenesis.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR: 
I had a chance to attend and present my work at two international conferences in Europe.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD: 
To The Tet Holiday in January 2017, I am visiting my family and travelling to the North of Vietnam.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD: 
My little house in Vietnam

OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY: 
Swimming, dining out with friends

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT: 
There are so many good Vietnamese restaurants in Melbourne. Come and see me, I can give you a suggestion matching your favourite flavour :)

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED: 
A negative finding means you can rule something out, which refines your next steps



No comments:

Post a Comment