NAME
Kelly
Crossley
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Senior
Research Fellow for Prof Stuart Hooper's Fetal and Neonatal Health Research Group in The Ritchie
Centre
I WAS BORN IN
Dandenong (Home of the best hot jam donuts in town)
BEFORE HUDSON
I WAS DOING
The same same but in a different location.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
Learning new things that have the potential to make
a real difference in newborn lives, working with wonderful people and bossing
people around.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
I love science. Nerdy I know!!
IF I WASN’T
DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE
A truck driver
MY FIRST JOB WAS
Working in a deli
MY FAVOURITE
MOVIE/TV IS
Hunt for the Wilderpeople.
I AM WORKING ON
The physiological
effects of cool things (like delaying umbilical cord clamping after birth,
maternal and fetal caffeine treatment before birth, adrenaline and chest
compressions at birth, congenital diaphragmatic hernia ± antenatal sildenafil
administration, to name a few) on the fetal to neonatal transition at birth.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR
Hiking up 3 mountains in 3 days around the Main
Range National Park in Queensland.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD
To going to the Spring-8 synchrotron in Japan again in
November to do lots of really cool experiments and spending summer holidays
with my husband and three kids.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
Is a camping spot just out of Tocumwal on
the Murray River and Lake Como.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Camping, dirt bike riding and socialising
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
By the campfire
with family and friends
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
If you haven’t got anything nice to say, don’t
say anything at all.

No comments:
Post a Comment