Tuesday, September 6, 2016

HUDSON PEOPLE - Dr Jennifer Dowling

NAME
Jennifer Dowling

POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Postdoctoral Researcher, PRR and Inflammation Group, CiiiD

I WAS BORN IN
Dublin, Ireland

BEFORE HUDSON I WAS DOING
Much of the same but on the other side of the world. I was doing research at Trinity College Dublin on innate immune signalling and inflammation.

THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
I get to do something I really love every day.

I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
The immune system is fascinating and plays a role in any disease you can think of... I also get to travel.

MY FIRST JOB WAS
Working in our family business at home in Ireland and ‘Dunnes Stores’, the Irish equivalent to Target. My first Science job was as an RA in the University of Pennsylvania looking at mechanisms regulating prostanoid receptors.

MY FAVOURITE MOVIE/TV IS
Too many to choose from

I AM WORKING ON
The role of immune signalling components during bacteraemia and influenza infection.

THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR
The Port Fairy Folk Festival.

I AM LOOKING FORWARD
Seeing my family at Christmas... and going to the Antarctic one day.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
The Perito Moreno Glacier and Mount Fitzroy in Argentina… and the walk out to Poolbeg lighthouse at home in Dublin.

OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Socialising with friends, music, hiking, wineries and trips out of the city.

MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
Jalissco Mexican Restaurant in Windsor: Best Nachos EVER! Thinking I should start a blog.

THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
Don’t forget the sunscreen  - Baz Luhrmann. Courtesy of my Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment