POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
Chief Financial Officer & Company Secretary, Finance.
Centre: Scientific Support Group
I WAS BORN IN
Sydney, New South Wales (I am a 7th generation Australian with a convict pedigree).
BEFORE HUDSON
I WAS
Director of Business Development at Melbourne Health and a Director of BioGrid Australia.
Director of Business Development at Melbourne Health and a Director of BioGrid Australia.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS
The amazing variety of researchers who produce the discoveries and commercial opportunity I see every day in my job.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
What else would a qualified accountant with a psychology degree and an interest in business development do?
IF I WASN’T
DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE
Playing golf.
Playing golf.
MY FIRST JOB WAS
Stacking shelves in Woolworths.
MY FAVOURITE
MOVIE/TV IS
Anything with Arnold Schwarzenegger in it.
Anything with Arnold Schwarzenegger in it.
I AM WORKING ON
Commercialising
12 patents and 15 Intellectual Property (IP) disclosures covering a variety of
possibilities from the potential therapeutic benefits of exosomes, through
novel inflammation treatments to prognostic assays for use in IVF and the applications
of spiny mice in medical research.
I am working
with Venture Capital funds, large pharmaceutical companies, and a range of
biotech companies who are all considering investments in Hudson IP and
researchers.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR
It’s a secret
but hopefully will be public very, very soon.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD
The next
researcher to walk through my door and say “Hi Rob - I think I have some great new
and novel IP that I have not disclosed, presented or published – what do you
think about …”
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
The West Coast
of Ireland.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Family (I am
married with four children), playing golf, travelling and watching sport.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT
In front of
the wood fire at home with my wife and children.
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
I have two:
1) In early 2014 Bryan Williams advised me
that I should come and work with him at the Hudson Institute of Medical
Research – it was great advice – I really enjoy my job and working at the
Institute.
2) “If you think you can do a thing or think
you can't do a thing, you're right” a quote from Henry Ford communicated to me
by one of my mentors.
No comments:
Post a Comment