NAME
Elizabeth Fletcher
Elizabeth Fletcher
POSITION / GROUP / CENTRE
PhD graduate, Cardiovascular Endocrinology Lab, Steroid Receptor Biology
I WAS BORN IN
This hospital
BEFORE HUDSON
I WAS
A research assistant at Prince Henry’s Institute.
THE BEST PART OF MY JOB IS…
The challenge it provides. I love asking and
answering questions. In research there is a thrill in identifying signalling
pathways first in single cells and then on the larger scale, seeing these same
pathways result in disease states.
I CHOSE THIS CAREER PATH BECAUSE
Since late high school I knew I wanted to do
research would improve human health. I just didn’t know which field in
particular until after my honours.
IF I WASN’T
DOING THIS JOB I WOULD BE A...
My family thinks I should have been a teacher,
but I’m not so sure.
MY FIRST JOB WAS
A floor hand in a label factory.
MY FAVOURITE
MOVIE/TV IS
Grand designs. I love the creativity and challenge that building and designing a house represents. I love watching people push boundaries to see success.
Grand designs. I love the creativity and challenge that building and designing a house represents. I love watching people push boundaries to see success.
I AM WORKING ON
Determining the specific mechanisms of how the mineralocorticoid receptor drives cardiovascular disease.
THE HIGHLIGHT OF MY YEAR SO FAR...
Unquestionably the completion and successful pass of my thesis. Research wise, the successful design of a very challenging but functional luciferase vector.
I AM LOOKING FORWARD
To starting my first post doc.
MY FAVOURITE PLACE IN THE WORLD
This is so hard to choose! My parents' farm, and Mt Oberon both rate highly.
OUTSIDE OF WORK I ENJOY
Cycling, bush walking and cake decorating
MY FAVOURITE PLACE TO EAT…
I’ve been a student too long to know anywhere good outside my kitchen!
THE BEST ADVICE I'VE RECEIVED
Always have a go and never give up.

No comments:
Post a Comment